Can A Facelift Surgery Give You A New Lease of Life?
Whether you like it or not, your face is one of the first parts of your body that shows signs of aging. As you age, your skin becomes thicker and the pores become wider. Your cheeks, chin, eyelids and the skin under your eyes begin to sag. Wrinkles, age lines and folds appear on your cheeks and forehead. Your cheeks become hollow and your jaw line loses definition. A healthy lifestyle can delay the aging process, but if you are already beginning to look old, then a facelift surgery can give you a new lease of life.
Facelift, also called rhytedectomy, is a cosmetic surgery that is designed to give people back their youthful appearance. It targets your mid face, lower face and jaw line. Depending upon their invasiveness, there are several types of facelift, including superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS) life and deep plane. Facelift is often a major surgery requiring anesthesia. Full recovery and resumption of normal life after take several weeks. Regardless of the type of facelift, it generally involves the following:
• Administer anesthetic: Before the surgery, the surgeon administers either a general anesthetic or a local anesthetic to numb your skin. The former makes you unconscious for the duration of the surgery while latter keeps you awake.
• Create incisions: The surgeon makes incisions along your hairline and around your ears. The incision may extend into your scalp.
• Rearrange the skin: The doctor then carefully lifts the skin from your face, rearranges the tissue to make it smooth, tightens the facial oval and removes any excess skin that may be there. He may also remove excess fat with a technique called liposuction.
• Suture (stitch up) the skin: The doctor then places the skin back on your face, sutures the incision and applies bandage over it.
After the surgery, your face looks smoother, younger and healthier. However, your mid face, lower face and jaw line these are not the only areas that exhibit signs of aging. Your eyelids, eyebrows, chin, nose, ears and especially your neck can easily betray your true age. Therefore, facelift is often done in combination with one of the more of several other procedures that include the following:
• Brow lift (forehead lift): This procedure is done to correct droopy eyebrows and remove creases and furrows from the forehead.
• Chin surgery: This procedure involves enlarging a small the chin with implants or reducing a large chin by removing the bone.
• Eyelid surgery: This procedure is done to correct droopy upper eyelid and puffy lower eyelids.
• Ear surgery (Octoplasty): This procedure is done to reduce the size of excessively large ears.
• Facial implant: This procedure involves placing silicone implants in your cheek, chin and jaws to improve the symmetry of your face.
• Neck lift: This procedure is done to remove wrinkles and bands on your neck by removing excess skin and fat.
• Nose surgery (Rhinoplasty): This procedure is done to make your nose larger or smaller. It also reshapes your nose to improve your appearance.
Combined with one or more of the above surgeries, a facelift can produce amazing results. A properly planned and executed facelift can make you look younger by up to 20 years. This is the reason many Hollywood stars and celebrities manage to look so youthful even in their sixties and seventies. You too can achieve the same effect by having a facelift and give yourself a new lease of life.
The author, Tamara Cassidy, enjoys writing about Health and sharing these insights online. For more references, you may be interested in Aviva Clinic, which has a lot of professional information about skin care.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Tamara_Cassidy