5 Quick Toning Exercise For Busy People
By Judy Mick
We all know that getting exercise and staying fit is important. We know that it is important for a longer and overall healthier life. However, many of us have such a busy life that it can be hard to make time for exercise. Read on for five exercises that you can do to tone your body and can be done in a limited amount of time.
1. Squats are a great exercise. They work your backside, your quads and your hamstrings. To do them correctly you want to stay with your feet shoulder length apart. While you are keeping your upper body straight, push your bottom back like you are going to sit down in a chair. When you reach the level of where the chair would be - stop and hold that position for a count of 5 and then raise back up.
2. Bridge lifts are super to tone your bottom. Lay on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor - about shoulder width apart. With your hand on both sides of your body, push your body up with your feet while squeezing your gluteus muscles and lifting your bottom off the floor. Hold this for a count of 5 and then lower yourself to the floor.
3. Push ups are something that seems to put fear in everyone - but are a great exercise for toning your arms and chest muscles. Keep your back straight as you raise and lower your body. If you are not strong enough in the beginning to lift your whole body from your toes - it's perfectly fine to lower yourself to your knees instead.
4. Crunches are another super exercise for toning your body. This is the way that I like to do them. Lie on the floor with your legs resting up on a chair or couch with your fingers behind your head. Lift your upper body toward your knees while squeezing your abs. Hold for 5 counts and then lower yourself back to the floor.
5. Reverse lunges are a great leg muscle toning exercise. While you are standing with your feet together, move one leg back until you are in a lunge. Your front leg should be at 90 degrees and your back leg extended. Lower yourself until your knee almost touches the floor. Hold for a count of two.
Most of us have a super busy life. But, getting in exercise is extremely important to your overall well-being. These are exercise that you can take 10 minutes to do daily and will work wonders!
Getting in shape and staying in shape is a goal that everyone should have - no matter how busy they are. It's that important! Visit Health and Fitness Tips for more tips on exercise and healthy eating.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Judy_Mick