How to Change Your Lifestyle to Avoid Varicose Veins
You can get rid of your varicose veins by considering certain medical procedures and following some lifestyle alterations. You will not only improve the look of your legs, decrease symptoms and stay away from complications. If you are going through only a few indications of the situation, you may make some adjustments on your daily life.
1. Your work may need you to wear high heel shoes but you may do some tactics to lessen the time you may have them on your feet. As an example, think about removing your shoes and wearing slippers as you work on your desk. During this process, you are lowering your utilization of high heel shoes. More important, you are also tightening your calf muscles thereby enabling blood to flow through the veins.
2. As much as you can, do not use tight clothes, specially those that hold your groin, waist and leg tightly. A similar thing may put tension on your veins if you use low heel but limited shoes. It does not only make you feel uncomfortable but it also disrupts the circulation of the blood on your feet.
3. Raise your legs as you sit, rest or sleep but it is better if you lift them above your heart. If you are used to crossing your legs while you sit, then it is time to prevent this and be seated ordinarily.
4. Do not stand for a longer period of time. If you are a sales lady or a guard and you can't refrain from standing, at least find a couple of minutes to rest, such as during breaks. The same thing goes if you take a seat for a longer period of time.
5. Do some physical exercises to allow leg movement. This will improve your muscle tone. As outlined above, this allows blood to pass through your veins. The same thing happens if you suffer from obesity. You simply must slim down to increase blood circulation and take the pressure out of your veins.
6. Seek help from the usage of panty hose or compression stockings. This prevents the development of varicose veins. You may also consider buying spandex pants. It offers pressure to your legs.
7. You may be busy from 8am to 5pm because of your office duties, but you may still do a little exercises like heel slips. Firstly, bend your knees. Slowly, glide your heels backward and forward. Do 10 on your right heel and another 10 on your left heel.
8. Strictly stick to a balanced diet. It can give you nutrients that can help in the prevention of varicose veins.
Varicose veins remind you that you are not getting any younger. They start to help you feel embarrassed with your legs, waist and others. Now, you will no longer wear shorts that show your skin. But other than this, they are a condition that must be taken care of. While you still have time, try to create some changes in your way of living. If not, seek advice from a healthcare professional to undergo treatment.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Amber_C_Smith