понедельник, 20 мая 2013 г.

Shy Bladder Syndrome Treatment


Shy Bladder Syndrome Treatment

Expert Author Jay Ryles
IS THERE A CURE?
It is an innate part of the human psyche to want things and want them as quickly as possible and with as little effort as possible. Again with anything in life, this is very rarely the case. Acquiring something, as well as getting rid of something (that being the mainstay of shy bladder syndrome treatment), is often a long and arduous road.
Whether there is an actual cure to shy bladder syndrome (SBS) or paruresis as it is also often called, still remains elusive. Given the fact that SBS is a social phobia which manifests itself with the individual being unable to initiate or maintain a flow of urine in the presence of others, there are many personality and social factors involved in the maintenance of the condition. Certainly there is no quick fix or overnight cure as some more unscrupulous marketers would have us believe. "Get a six pack in a week", "lose 20lb in 20 days", "cure paruresis in a week". It's all hype to get us to buy into the "want it now with minimal effort" fix that we, as humans, are all so hard wired to crave.
IS THERE ANY HOPE?
I am living, breathing evidence that there is hope. I can honestly say that SBS has thrown a big, black cloak over a large part of my life. It's left me feeling lonely and isolated and forced me into missing out on more "never to be regained" moments and times with friends than I'll ever remember. Okay, SBS didn't force me. I did have a choice but very often there doesn't seem to be any choice. If you're reading this I'm sure you can relate to what I'm saying here. It sucks but being the victim gets you no where. It's easy to get stuck in "victim" mode but ultimately, all that happens is you still have SBS years later but have missed out on so many opportunities to live a full and fulfilling life.
I have improved a great deal over the past few years after making a real effort to improve my paruresis a few years back. I know it still depends a great deal on how I'm feeling or how "pressurized" the bathroom situation is but I've certainly made more of an effort and gone out more since I've made some forward progress. So, yes, there is hope! In short, my life has improved - a lot!
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR PARURESIS?
As SBS is a social phobia, any generic treatment for anxiety and phobias is sure to help but to make as much headway as possible, you'll want specific directed treatment and tips to help you.
Let me share with you some of what I tried:
Tell someone you trust
You may be wondering how on earth that may help. Well if you've never told anyone up to now, it'll probably be the hardest thing you'll do to improve your paruresis. As the disorder is built around secrecy and avoidance, the mere act of telling someone is a huge psychological break through.
Don't underestimate it!
If you've chosen a trusted person to tell, plan what you will say to them beforehand. Go through how you'll phrase stuff as you tell them. They'll understand how much it affects you by your sincerity and if you've chosen who to tell correctly, they'll empathize with you and your situation, whether they can fully understand or not.
Telling someone is a huge step forward. By doing this you are basically opening yourself up to the world, starting with someone you trust and saying: "You know what, I have this phobia, I don't know why but I want you to know and hopefully you'll understand a bit more now why I've perhaps not attended all those social functions in the past. I'm still me and I'm no different. Telling you is a big step towards moving forward with my life and learning to choose spending precious time with friends over all the imaginary obstacles that may or may not happen".
I'll be posting more articles with more tips that worked for me and hopefully will for you too.
I hope you enjoyed this article. In an attempt to continue on my own personal journey I continue to contribute to the online community through article writing and through my own website. If you wish to find out more about shy bladder syndrome, please visit:

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий