воскресенье, 19 мая 2013 г.

What to Wear - When You Have No Hair


What to Wear - When You Have No Hair

Expert Author Lynda Hykin
What to Wear When You Have No Hair
Top 4 Choices
1. Au Naturelle:
Let's go with the more obvious first. Women with Androgenic Alopecia have a diffused thinning of hair, resulting in the horseshoe, or sometimes just the crown, starting from the bangs back. I have seen many women just combing their hair the way they always have. Sometimes an attempt is made to strategically cover the thinning spots. But the least little gust of wind - and all is lost. Still if you are comfortable with this I think that it's awesome. Keeping your hair shorter may be a cleaner look, rather than letting those remaining diehards languish all alone. A savvy hairstylist can cut strategically to make the best of what you have look fuller.
2. Bald and Beautiful:
Some more adventurous women opt to just get it over with and shave whatever is left, leaving a little five o'clock shadow perhaps to just to take the shine off. Be careful in the sun! This should go without saying but apparently it still needs to be said. Especially when it's virgin skin being exposed. Baby shampoo is good. Watch out for dry scalp. You can you a light moisturizing cream. Beware of clogged pores - yep, pimples on your head - which is a sign of using too much cream. You may also find at night your head gets cold and little cotton knits hats or caps are great. They also help with the friction of scalp meeting pillow when you're moving around in your sleep. Which leads me to the next option...
3. Scarves and Turbans and Hats -oh my!
Explore all the varieties, in fact they're endless! There are so many out there and so many ways to wear them! Always looking for any excuse to obtain matching accessories, hats and scarves will now play a major role in my wardrobe. No dowdy looking head gear for this gal!
You can even buy a pad to put under the scarf to add volume, how cool is that?
When it comes to hats, I used to think I looked like Daisy Mae (comic strip character for you young'uns out there). But now I have 3 and will most definitely be adding to my collection.
Choose cotton products whenever you can, especially if you have very little or no hair underneath. It helps the scalp breathe and helps keep it somewhat cooler than other materials.
4. Walkin' with my wig-on!
My personal favorite! You can get nasty (we're talking Halloween style here), good, better and best in the wig category. You also have your choice of real hair or synthetic.
You can immediately tell real hair from synthetic. Real hair pricing is about $2,000-$3,000 more than a good quality synthetic. So far, I have only gone the synthetic route.
I bought the $35 wig the day I made the decision to wear one. Totally different hair style than what my real hair was. Hated it. Heavy, hot and un-stylable. No flexibility with how you wore it, couldn't change the location of the part, or restyle in any manner. I felt like everyone knew it was a wig it was 'too perfect'.
Next up was a $350 wig. Again, totally different hair style than mine. This one had a lace front - meaning that it looked like hair naturally growing out of the scalp,, which works great when you forget and brush it back from your face. These have much more flexibility with styling And you can even use hot rollers on the better quality ones. (Mine was a Raquel Welch ooh-la-la!)
Moving up the wig ladder, my next and current item up is another synthetic wig - that you can actually swim in! I loved this from the moment I read that. No phobia about being at a pool party and getting thrown in. (We have to think ahead about stuff like this!) This one was also custom designed - for me - with my head measurements. So it fit snugly and comfortably around my neck and ears. No more 'pug' face wrinkles on the brow. AND, it looked like my hair - because it was colored and cut - just like my hair. Sent in a picture of me on a really good hair day, and they made my wig to look like - me! Cost of this special attention starts at $1,399, depending on length of hair etc.
As much as I thought I wanted a TOTALLY new a different look, they wisely advised against it. This wig is me, people that know me, don't really pay any attention to it, those that don't know me - don't notice. Awesome!
No matter which way you want to go, or if you're like me and want to change it up, between wigs and hat and scarves, you can look beautiful... without hair. And you are beautiful.
Visit my personal journey at http://www.diaryofabaldlady.com
For more information on the wig you can swim in, go to http://www.creativehair.com and please tell them Lynda from Canada sent you!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий